Saturday, October 24, 2015

Witch Door Owl by Dianna's Crafts

Hi Everyone, Dianna here with a Halloween Witch Owl.  Gina made me a witch hat to fit the door owl.  

I started by spray painting the owl, hat, eyes and wings black. I then used a Fisker double feather punch and punched about two hundred feathers in black, green and two different colors of purple. 



I could not help myself and made Wanda eyes with eye lashes.  (Yes, I named the owl Wanda).  I traced the eyes, fussy cut them and then cut them in half for the eye lid.  I then punched a 2-1/2 circle in purple,  I then punched a 1-1/2 inch circle in white and a 1 inch circle in black. I then cut straight lines in a two inch strip of black paper for the eye lashes.  Around the black circles I used Stickles to give the eyes some more pop.  The nose was traced and fussy cut out.  


I used black Stickles first and daubed all over the hat.  I then used a dark purple Stickles and daubed that all over also.  I then used a light purple Stickles and created high lights.  I created a rosette with the same paper as the one on wings.  The feathers were colored with purple and green markers.  I used Stickles on the feathers.  The spiderweb was colored with a white paint marker and white Stickles. The purple and green spiders were left over from previous project. 


I sprayed Gina's "Wicked" with green Maya Mist and it dried just like the picture.  I placed another spider on the title and glued it to the wings.  Done!



ITEMS USED
Gina's Designs







No comments:

Post a Comment